In August 2020, One80 announced that we had acquired National Underwriting Services, Inc. (NUS), a full service Managing General Underwriter of medical stop loss insurance. Now known as NUS/One80, the team and services have all remained.
Founded in 1985 and headquartered in the San Antonio, TX area, National Underwriting Services is a specialty underwriter of medical stop loss coverage for self-funded employers across the United States. At NUS/One80 we take pride in our customized approach to our products and services, meeting the specialized needs of our TPA Distribution Partners and insureds. Whether it be a traditional PPO, Medical Reference Based Price or other stop loss programs, we are uniquely positioned to provide tailor made solutions to meet their customer needs.
Using a controlled distribution model, both NUS and their carrier partners deliver personalized and efficient service to a limited number of third party administrators and select producers throughout the country.
The target classes and typical risks we focus on for this program are:
Small to medium sized regional third party administrators with:
- High Service Standard
- Strong Market Presence
- An emphasis on Claims Management
- An interest in Medicare Reference Based Pricing (MRBP)
The highlighted features of this exclusive program include:
- For stop loss products, the minimum specific deductible is $25,000 (any lower requires single-case approval), and the minimum number of employees is 51
- Access to vendor partners that specialize in MRBP claims repricing, patient and provider advocacy, plan document preparation and assistance with provider challenges
- Experience with direct provider contracts or limited network usage
- Medicare/Reference Based Underwriting
- Terminal Liability
- Specific Advance Funding
- No Laser & Renewal Cap Options
- Monthly Aggregate Accommodations
- Aggregated Specific Deductibles
The available coverages we have to offer for this program are:
- Traditional Stop Loss Coverage
- Medicare Reference Based Pricing (MRBP)
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC)
- Minimum Value Plans (MVP)
- Captive Underwriting
In order to submit your business with us, please be aware of the following submission requirements:
- Employer Name & Locations
- Employer SIC Code
- Excel Census by Location & Plan Options
- Specific Deductible (current and proposed)
- Contract Basis (current and proposed)
- Current Rates and Factors (Renewal if available)
- Current and Proposed Benefits
- Current and Proposed Cost Containment Vendors
- Current PPO Savings Report
- Proposed PPO Information
- 2-3 Years Claims Experience
- Claim Details at or Expected to Exceed 50% of Specific
- Trigger Diagnosis Claims Details
Frequently Asked Questions
What carrier does NUS represent?
What is NUS' marketing philosophy?
How experienced are your underwriters?
How does NUS select TPA partners?
Does NUS work with brokers?
Does NUS quote Medicare Reference Based Pricing (MRBP)?
Does NUS evaluate PPO networks and other types of contractual arrangements?
Who are marketing contacts for NUS?
Can’t find the answer?
If you can’t find the answers you’re looking for in our FAQ’s, please contact one of our representatives or send us an email below. Thank you.